Just to fill you all in on some background issues we’ve been having with our car- when we bought the car on 9th October we did it via bank transfer as we assumed this would be the quickest way to pay. However the payment never made it to the car dealer’s bank account. Now almost 4 weeks on we still have very little knowledge on where exactly our money is as the car dealers still don’t have it.
Last night we received a message off the car dealer to say they cannot wait for the payment anymore and that we’d have to return the car or go into their bank and put the full amount of money into their account.
We do not have the funds so we returned the car this morning and the dealer has offered to keep our camping gear in storage until we can find a buyer for it.
The dealer then dropped us off at the train station and we caught a train to Brisbane Airport.
So now we are waiting a few hours before we catch a flight to Sydney! We are quite relieved that we can now leave the Gold Coast as we had been hanging around waiting for the payment to go through, so this is a massive weight off our shoulders.
We’ll let you know when we land in Sydney!
Jake & Georgia